The Donelson Fellowship grew out of a women’s Bible study led by Mrs. Oleda Rudy in the early 1950s. With the help of C.F. Bowen, pastor of East Nashville Free Will Baptist Church, Mrs. Rudy and her family and friends established The Donelson Fellowship on April 24, 1955, with twenty charter members. Later that year, the church called Robert Owen as its first pastor and began building a campus on McGavock Pike and Knobdale Road.
In 1980, Robert J. Morgan became Senior Pastor; and in 2016, Tommy Swindol was named Lead Pastor. Through the years, The Donelson Fellowship has remained true to its founding mission, to help those in our community and people throughout the world to find freedom in Christ, purpose in life, and fulfillment in service.